09 April, 2014

Top 5 Nail Polishes for Spring!


Only recently have I started truly being aware of the color profiles that come with every new season. Sure, during the dead of winter, I still love to wear some neon pink, but generally, I've come to value the changing color palettes that accompany that changing weather. 
Color- wise, I'm a huge fans of the pretty pastels and muted neons that seem to accompany spring. Dressing brighter seems to welcome in the new sunny weather so appropriately, and one of the best ways to stay on- trend is to reflect the new trends in your nail polish! Recently, I've gone on a bit of a nail polish overhaul and splurge, so I cleaned out a ton of my collection - some bottles I've literally had for ten years - and then bought a bunch of new, pretty springtime colors. After testing them out for a bit, I've taken the guesswork out of the best colors for spring, and am so excited to share my top five picks with you! 



First is Essie's Cocktails and Coconuts. This is one of the most obvious choices, as this literally comes from the Essie 2014 Resort Collection. I think in every season you need at least one go- to neutral, and this one is mine for Spring 2014. This is a beautiful shade of light brown with faint shimmer (think basically any Essie polish ever) and looks super flattering with many different skin tones. 







Next is Sally Hansen Insta- Dri in Snappy Sorbet. I love this orange color because it is bright enough to be an awesome transition into summer, but the coral hint to it is always perfect for spring. I think this is the perfect bright nail polish to wear with a more understated outfit, and it will look totally springtime fresh! Or, you can always put this on your nails and continue on wearing your winter clothes, and you'll still look totally on- trend (if a little bit hot).






Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in Mint Sorbet has gotten a lot of positive press as one of the best dupes for Essie's Mint Candy Apple on the market - and it's less than half the price! I picked this over Mint Candy Apple because I actually like the formulation of this much better. The Hard As Nails line actually seems to live up to its name. My nails are notorious for chipping, but I never have an issue with this polish. I think mint is always a fail safe for spring, and this is my personal favorite one. 





This Lauren B Beauty nail polish in City of Angels is the most lovely light pink for spring. The formulation of this polish really hits the mark. This polish goes on almost completely opaque in one coat, which is somewhat of a rarity for paler polishes. It's also eco- and vegan- friendly, containing no formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, DBP, toluene or camphor. However, that also means this polish is the priciest on the list, coming in at $18 a bottle. I was lucky enough to get it in a Glossybox, but if you're looking for a lighter pink that won't break the bank, Essie's Fiji or Sally Hansen's First Blush are good alternatives. 



Last but certainly not least is my favorite polish of the moment. This beautiful orchid color is Essie's Splash of Grenadine. I am absolutely in love with this color. It is a shade or two lighter in person, but I had a hard time getting it to not look neon on camera. One of my favorite things about this polish is how absolutely versatile it is. It looks beautiful with everything, and the formulation is really on point. There is literally nothing I do not love about this nail polish. Bonus: orchid is the color of the year, so you can continue wearing this all year long... and at the rate I am going, I probably will be! 



This wraps up my five favorite polishes for Spring! What colors are you wearing on your nails at the moment? Did I miss any winners? :) 

Xx Kate

0 comments:

Post a Comment